SIELC Advanced Fitting Design
SIELC offers new design in fittings for HPLC
It combines reduced costs with attractive appearance and premium performance.
Fittings characteristics include:
- Price savings, with expensive PEEK significantly replaced by much less expensive aluminum
- Strong anodized aluminum thread allows many more use-cycles than a one-piece PEEK design
- Finger-tight installation. PEEK tip installs permanently and cannot be lost during installation
- Pressure rating up to 5,000 psi (350 bar), suitable for ultra-fast chromatography applications
- One-size-fits-most applications, including columns, valves, and instrument ports
- Several color options, including red, black, blue, gold, and gray
- Break-resistant — when a normal column is accidentally dropped with the fitting in, the PEEK fitting usually breaks, leaving hard-to-remove pieces inside the column. Aluminum can bend — but it won’t break, and thus it can be simply replaced with another fitting, saving the expensive column.
- Improves heat transfer with the incoming capillary, when a column heater is used
- Patent-pending design