Primesep 500 is a reverse-phase analytical column with embedded acidic ion-pairing groups.
- Primesep 500 has an embedded carboxilic acid with a pKa of about 5.
- Improves retention of basic compounds by cation-exchange mechanism at pH > 5.
- Separates acids by ion-exclusion mechanism at a mobile phase pH > 5.
- Retains basic compounds, as any RP column, at pH < 5
- Retains neutral compounds by reverse-phase mechanism.
- All mobile phases are LC-MS and preparative chromatography compatible.
Primesep 500 columns are available in all standard dimensions
Column IDs: 22 mm, 10 mm, 4.6 mm, 3.2 mm, 2.1 mm, 1 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.25 mm
Column Lengths: 250 mm, 150 mm, 100 mm, 50 mm, 25 mm, 10 mm
Particles: 10 um, 5 um
Pores: 100 A
Primesep 500 Application Examples
HPLC Separation of Alkyl Sulfonic Acids
HPLC Separation of Glucosamine from Chondroitin Sulfate